Thursday, November 13, 2008

High (or Low) Fashion in High School

A teacher from my alma mater, Arts Magnet, has started a blog tribute to the The Sartorialist. Arts Magnet Style shows you what happens when artsy kids have no dress code. Here is a picture of some students dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland for Halloween.

Arts Magnet

I remember it like it was yesterday: Sitting in a stuffy auditorium in the summertime at the new student orientation. The Vice Principal said because Booker T. was an art school, students have more freedom to express themselves with their clothes than others, and we shouldn't be alarmed if our fellow students have green hair or facial piercings.

I remember running my hands through my Manic Panic Shocking Blue highlights and thinking that I'd finally found a place where I could be myself.

No comments: